Monday, August 27, 2012

Introduction

I've always thought I could watch almost any movie and somehow get some pleasure out of the experience. That's why it came as a surprise to me a couple of months back, while browsing IMDB.com's Top 250 Movies List, that I had not seen the vast majority of movies on that list.

While no "greatest movie" list can ever be agreed to by everyone, after scouring the internet for alternative lists, I decided that the IMDB list was a great guide to classic movies that I hadn't seen yet (and not necessarily in its specific order).

So, naturally, I then decided to watch as much of the list that I could in my free time. And start this blog, where I will update the list of movies I've seen and write mini-reviews about movies as I see them. I also included movies that I have seen before, but for one reason or another, I feel like I need to see again before I review properly. I must note that I am not necessarily doing this in order, instead relying on my interest in a movie before watching it.

This little endeavor actually excites me, as I am just a dork like that. I'm pretty normal when it comes to most things in life, but I do embrace my dorkiness when it kicks in... i.e. when it comes to movies, video games, and music.

The history of films has produced some real gems that, sadly, many people nowadays tend to overlook or that many people haven't even heard of. I felt like going through this list would be a convenient way to see such gems that I haven't seen yet. I encourage anyone with an interest in movies to do the same.

Well, enough talking. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment